Wednesday, May 03, 2006

it was one of those nights that will ring in your ear

Tonight, I had one of those really good nights. After a productive day at work, I came home, put in some new contacts and showered which was amazing because I could see clearly and I got rid of the Jammin Java smell. I put on clothes that weren't jeans and a tshirt. My hair straightened nicely and my makeup went on evenly. I felt really nice because for the past couple of days I've looked gross and just felt bad about it. I know it sounds superficial, and it kind of is, but sometimes it's just nice to feel pretty.

Then Jones and I went to Motor Supply Company for dinner. I was told to order whatever I wanted no matter what because it would probably never be put on the menu again. So I did. Blackened King Clip with some sort of Beurre sauce over Creamy Jasmine Rice and snow peas. Amazingly good. After each bite of something new on our plates, Jones and I had to stop and savor it for a moment. That was just my main dish. The appetizer was superb as well - think artichoke hearts, goat cheese and portabella mushroom cap. Dessert was good, but nothing to write home about. We did go to Nonnah's though afterwards for coffee. I had a very excellent cappuccino that I took a ridiculously long time to drink and Jones even had extra foam put on it for me. Such a great experience.

Then we watched Gilmore Girls which wasn't as pleasant as one would hope, but it was explained to me that it was a TV show which meant it had no bearing on my reality or my judgement skills. Fair enough.

Corinne showed me pictures from Ithaca. Some of them included a rubber ducky race. Yes, that’s when they send 3400 rubber duckies down a creek type thing and its every ducky for him/herself. Only 10 lucky ducks get to claim fame from it.

I'm sitting next to a broken cello now. Just having a cello in my room makes me feel like a better person. It's weird how that happens. I used to think I was a better person for having a guitar. Eventually, I realized that having a guitar didn't mean crap if I couldn't play it, so I gave it to someone else who would use it. I'll probably never learn to play guitar.

(I don't understand about the weather outside, the harmony in a tune, or why somebody lied.)

There are more important things for me to learn… Like yoga. I really loved my yoga class even though I’m a little sore from it. It was incredibly relaxing and it’s amazing the things you learn about your body when people force you to draw your attention to it.

Oh I know, oh I know that you're beautiful. Oh I know, there's something more that I can't see. And I have tried, I have tried to find the words for you, but none will come to me.

And I've thought of it from 100 different directions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»