Wednesday, February 02, 2011

it's my last day off before i start my new job!

what if i suck? what if they don't like me? what if i can't pay my bills? what if i have to give up starbucks? what if...? oh geez.

i had coffee with my dear megan this morning. coffee and four egg whites with asparagus & a half cup of oatmeal with slivered almonds & some craisins. craisins are so delicious. i don't think they're on "the diet". it's ok because i don't have to report to a trainer who holds me accountable to those sorts of things. momma majesta will check up on me though.

ps. thank you everyone for all of your recipes and suggestions!

my pro-bono training got canceled this morning. wah. i did a pretty good job myself though. i love the bosu ball. i did the elliptical. meh. and lunges and squat because i got all that junk in the trunk. i did a lot of stuff he made me do yesterday minus the things that would require me going out into the main workout area because i'm terribly self conscious and hate working out in front of other people.

it is so lovely outside. i have my blinds & windows open. dave matthews band on the ipod. rosie is coming over to bake cookies soon. i just need to put away my laundry. that's my least favorite chore ever. i'd rather clean a toilet.

but really i would marry this weather if i could.

today, i read about getting a master's in applied positive psychology.
the MAPP program explores the history, theory, and basic research methods of positive psychology. This new branch of psychology focuses on such issues as the empirical study of positive emotions, strengths-based character, and healthy institutions. In the Master of Applied Positive Psychology program, you’ll learn to apply these aspects of positive psychology in your particular professional setting. 
i wouldn't mind doing that. nope. i wonder if that would be better than a master's in human resources. do i really want to go back to school? hm.

recently i've been all of content and dreaming... xo.

1 comment:

Knee Deep In Lovely said...

I'm sure they are loving you! And if not yet, they will! I always have similar fears before starting a job, you are not alone!
before you know it...you will own that place! ha!