Sunday, February 03, 2008

you're better than you think so

"Social scientists estimate that about 70 percent of our happiness stems from our relationships, both quantity and quality, with friends, family, coworkers and neighbors. During life's difficult patches, camaraderie blunts our misery; during the good times, it boosts our happiness." - Eric Weiner, The Geography of Bliss


So meet me and we'll drive this car away. We can leave right now. What do you say? We'll head out for the wide and open spaces, if we can clear the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your life is not lacking. I really believe the best experiences in life are the best because they are shared.

MicahNormal said...

Excellent quote. You read the book? Interesting theory about Asheville. I say its the hippies =)

Anonymous said...

the motto for my life:

"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased. Thus we refute entropy."
-Spider Robinson

I'm glad that you have come across such wisdom, and seen its value.