Friday, February 22, 2008

if you just realized what i just realized

Today:

Tired. Frustrated. Headache.

Cranky customers spilling coffee and asking stupid questions. Employees who aren't bold enough to tell me what they want. Scheduling conflicts. Rain. Stalling. Hamster. Ack.

A customer: "You're a pretty white girl from the front and you're built like a sista from the back. There's not that many girls like you - I meant that as a compliment." And all I could do was laugh. Oh, and I said "Thanks... I think."

"If somebody breathes too hard on my paring knife, I'm like a crazy spider monkey."

"How the counter is a sacred space. MY sacred space. You don't do yoga on the Dalai Lama's mat and you don't come behind my counter. Period."

I ate almost a whole calzone. It was delicious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God, please let me work for Erin ellis at some point in my life. Preferably while she is still owning a coffee shop. Thank you, aaaamen.