Monday, February 18, 2008

the best soy latte that you ever had and me

This is a picture I took of the super cool graffiti on James Island. It's in the Buffalo South parking lot along the whole length of the back of the building.

La la la. Mondays are always awkward. Especially ones that fall on rainy holidays. Especially ones after I haven't worked in four days. Bah.

It always takes me a little bit of time to get back to normal after Matt leaves - partially because I'm usually off of work and partially because I get really used to him being here. Last night, when I went to bed, I realized I didn't have anyone to hug me and tell me goodnight and sweet dreams. It was sort of sad. I don't always cry and sometimes I bounce back quicker than others. I never can say what it will be like. I just never get used to telling him goodbye.

This past weekend was quite excellent though. We ate at La Fourchette and saw Jay Clifford and the CSO on Valentine's Day. I normally hate the day - so much pressure and expectation, but Matt rose to the occasion with tulips and cards planned weeks in advance with my mom. And the other days were just as wonderful. We did all sorts of Charleston things and bought Bonnaroo tickets. Honestly, I was just glad he was here.

I practiced driving my car some more. I went on 526 and sat on a hill and backed into my driveway. It's still scary, but I like it more now. Driving a stick shift gives me a feeling of more power which is good and bad, I think. I named my car Olivia, btw. Dark blue exterior and black leather interior with a sunroof and sexy gas mileage requires a better name than Lucy (which I thought I would name her before I met her).

I'm reading a new book - The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby. It's about "the how, and when, and why, and what of reading - about the way that, when reading is going well, one book leads to another and to another, a paper trail of theme and meaning; and how, when it's going badly, when books don't stick or take, when your mood and the mood of the book are fighting like cats, you'd rather do anything, but attempt the next paragraph, or reread the last one for the tenth time."

And really I bought it because of this quote:
"I don't want anyone writing in to point out that I spend too much money on books, many of which I will never read. I know that already. I certainly intend to read all of them, more or less. My intentions are good. Anyway, it's my money. And I'll bet you do it too."
Guilty as charged. At least I buy most of them used. I also have a tendency to collect books from people who want me to read them and then I only read part of them or just never get around to them. If you have given me such a book and would like it returned, please do not hesitate to ask because otherwise I'll keep it and not read it forever, more than likely. (PS, this is a post-secret and not my own receipt - I don't feel that guilty about it...)

Gavin DeGraw released a new single. And I like it.

I would like strawberry green tea. I searched and searched at Earthfare and all I went home with was Earl Grey Green tea. I'll have to let you know how that goes.

Clif Mojo Dipped Peanut Butter and Jelly bars are amazing. I'm rambling. Goodnight.

1 comment:

David said...

if you don't post pictures of olivia soon, i'm seriously going to stop reading your blog.

(okay, so, by "seriously" i mean "not seriously at all" because i would never stop reading your blog, unless for some reason i swore off the internet all together, in which case i would probably get someone to print it for me whenever you post a new one... what i'm trying to say is that i luff you and really want to see olivia in all her glory, and since i can't afford to fly to charleston today, i'm going to have to ask you to put up pictures.)

so, yeah.