Wednesday, November 28, 2007

maybe every time you leave i'm silent

and I wish I'd said it. Told you all the reasons why I adore you...

My brother called tonight. I walked into the living room and my mom was crying on the phone. I haven't talked to her yet, but I don't need to - I know what that means.

People never stop coming and going in your life. It's beyond frustrating. For awhile, I thought I was driving people away - into the military, across the country, to other homes, to other schools, to other continents, into other career fields. It's not me. It's life. Obligations, goals and desires don't mean people want to leave you, they just mean that they have to leave you. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

People will always leave you. People will always find you. And sometimes relationships that are distant don't work the way you want them to, but that doesn't mean they're not worth keeping in some sort of tact. You just gotta have faith. Faith that the long haul is going to pay off. Faith that they're going to return. Faith that, in the end, being a part of those peoples lives will have made you a better person.

And maybe I'm just hopeless. Or hopeful. Or just a little sad. I'm not sure.

"After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hopeless romantic?
b/c if you're gonna be anything, you should be that.
Leting people go is somthing i'm dealing with right now, and it sucks.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that.
<3