Saturday, November 24, 2007

tonight the sky above reminds me of you, love...

... walking through wintertime where the stars all shine...

Thanksgiving was good. And short. Definitely not long enough. There was a parade and food and family and friends. And my brother and I went to see August Rush - which is amazing and I will see it over and over.

The next day was Black Friday and we did amazing at the store and I worked about 13 1/2 hours and when I came home I passed out because I was tired and starting to get whatever ick people have these days.

So, today I woke up and went to work at 7:30 and then my mom called to tell me my dad is in the hospital and then proceeded to have three very busy hours until anyone else came in.

The neon lights in bars and headlights from the cars have started a symphony inside of me.

My dad - he was helping someone move and they dropped the armoire they were holding and he fell with it on top of him and broke a rib or so and it punctured his lung and now we're waiting to see if it will re-inflate itself or if the doctors will have to do it themselves.

I'm going to watch the game with him in a little bit. I hate hospitals. They freak me out. But if I were in the hospital, I would want someone to come visit me.

So that's what is happening in my life right now. I'm sorry I don't have perkier tales to tell. And I'm ok - just tired and worried. That's all.

I've been sitting watching life pass from the sidelines. Been waiting for a dream to seep in through my blinds. I wondered what might happen if I left this all behind. Would the wind be at my back? Could I get you off my mind this time?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you.