Monday, November 19, 2007

you must not know 'bout me

To the left, to the left. Everything you own in the box to the left.

The most ridiculous and hilarious thirty minutes of my week occur when I watch The Big Bang Theory on CBS. I'm not usually a fan of mindless, semi-plot comedy - hence my disdain for The Office; however, I love love love this show.

Summary: Created by writer/producers Chuck Lorre (of Two And A Half Men) and Bill Prady (of Gilmore Girls) comes The Big Bang Theory, a sitcom that shows what happens when hyperintelligent roommates/physicists Sheldon and Leonard meet Penny, a beautiful woman moving in next door--and realize they know next to nothing about life outside of the lab.

One of the writers being from Gilmore Girls might have something to do with it.

Leonard: (about Penny) Our children will be beautiful and smart.
Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary.

"I don't know what your odds are in the world as a whole, but as far as the population in this car goes, you're a veritable Mac Daddy." - Sheldon to Leonard

And keep talkin’ that mess, that’s fine, but could you walk and talk at the same time?

Outside of that thirty minutes, I am preparing for Black Friday... Yup. Yup. Yep. Yep. A whole lot of crazy and torture and mental anguish all culminating in the less than twenty-four hours worth of customer onslaught. I have to buy eggnog and cups and make posters and sell my soul. Well, not that last part.

We'll be busy for the rest of the year, but nothing will compare to Friday. It'll be great stories to swap with my fellow mall people next week...

I keep listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce. I wish I could stop. Bah.

So since I’m not your everything, how about I’ll be nothing, nothing at all to you.

No comments: