Sunday, November 04, 2007

its coming down to nothing more than apathy

... I'd rather run the other way than wait and see.

My life is not what I expected it to be. I spend a lot of time being quietly frustrated with things I cannot change. I think I might be missing the big picture.

I miss being able to take the time. I miss living in the middle of everyone and everything.

I saw Into the Wild last night. I highly recommend it. But know that it's long. And it'll make you want to be a nomad.

I will miss Kt when she is gone.

I like my job, but not the owning part.

I like my customers. Tom. Todd. Jacob. The small double latte couple. The old folks from the Netherlands. Bert. Adam. Mary. Rick who brings me salad. The guy Stacey. Charles. The girls who work at Icing. Lindsay who's engaged to Brandon. Marsha. Larry. I miss Soo. I miss Mark. I miss Mike. I'm glad the crazy Nancy is gone. I worry about Linda and Mr. Linda. Norma used to be quite the night owl. Cindy's husband has USC season tickets. The man in the bowler's hat. Even Rusty.

I wish I could leave when I wanted and not feel guilty or like it might fall apart.

I won't miss that feeling when this is all over, but I will miss my people. The same way I miss my Columbia people. But in a less aggressive way, probably.

The good news is that I have a new outlet in my 1/2 bathroom. The odd news is that the whole house is "under construction". I hope they know I'm grateful.

I wish you were a stranger I could disengage. Everyone knows I'm in over my head.

No comments: