Thursday, November 01, 2007

i just want to go away with you

Oh, tie me up tightly by your side. So I may go with you where ever you reside.

New Orleans was amazing. It was so great to be able to spend days with friends that I haven't seen in awhile. It was very nice to be like real boyfriend and girlfriend for almost a whole week. I felt like a little part of Columbia had relocated in NOLA just for me. Just for the weekend. I realize that's not true, but it seems nice to believe.

The company was unbelievable. The music was spectacular (Mute Math, Sinead, Ben Harper, Spoon, Smashing Pumpkins, and so on). The food was delicious. The atmosphere was surprisingly relaxing. And my phone even stopped ringing after the first day.

Then I had to return Matt from where he came from. I've decided that the worst part of his not having a driver's license is not my going to pick him up, but my having to drop him off. I know when I get to wherever it is that I'm going to have to leave him and then drive home alone. It's yucky. My mom could tell you all about it.

And now I'm back. And I'm adjusting to my routine again. Right now I'm not waking up well and we don't have a bathroom in our hallway, so that's awkward. The store didn't burn down while I was gone and I'm just making sure everything is running smoothly. I'm worried about Thanksgiving, but that's still weeks away. And we'll survive. We always do.

Last night was Trick or Treating at the mall and we're still alive despite the craziness of the rude adults and the adorableness of the little children and the hilarity of my mom dressing like a cow. If we can do that, I mean really, we can do anything.

Soooo. That's my life in a very small nutshell. I posted about 180 pictures on Facebook from NOLA if you're interested. And, uh, Happy belated Halloween!

And anytime the road looks dimmer, I will be your guiding light.

No comments: