Sunday, September 30, 2007

you could make the sun go down just by walking away

"It matters a lot to my wife what I speak into her life. I'm sorry it took me so long to figure that out. Susan wants me to tell her that she's beautiful. Not Archie. Not Ben. Not anybody else. I'm sure to some extent she appreciates it, but it doesn't matter to her. She wants to hear it from me. She only cares if I tell her she's beautiful or if I don't tell her." - Paul Rienzo

We talked about criticism in church this morning and critics to our vision. And all I sat there thinking was "I don't have a vision" and that I am worst critic. I am the person who brings me down the most. I'm the cynic. I'm the one who is not surprised when things are forgotten or go wrong.

I need something more. Maybe. Kt says I'm in limbo where I'm supposed to be. I'm awaiting further instruction. I'm doing just what I need to do until the next phase of my life comes along. This, my friends, is what we call a lesson in patience. Lots of patience.

That aside. I'm in real pain from some Sports Illustrated 80's workout videos. I'm talking neon spandex body suits with ankle warmers on VHS. No lie.

And I've finally reached that dating someone for a year mark. I must like him alot.

[Photo by Kaitlyn Iserman]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this.
and 80s workouts rock.