Sunday, September 23, 2007

passing time with you in mind

It's another quiet night. Feel the ground against my back. Counting stars against the black.

It's officially fall.

It does not feel like fall, but I had a really good day - weekend - all the same. Matt came to Charleston and we did Charleston things and met Charleston people and ate Charleston food and saw James Riley get married.

And when I left Sumter, I did my best not to cry since this goodbye is for a whole month. Ack. Ack. We've been dating for almost a whole year (next Sunday) without living in the same city. We've also been through basic training, a car accident and my DMB tardiness. A month should be nothing... So, I just listened to Dave and Tim (Live at Radio City Music Hall) all the way home. That made me happier.

The whole week leading up to this moment was insane. It involved baby hamsters, Dave Matthews, lots of trips to Costco, yelling at highschoolers, and a visit to Doctor's Care. No lie.

I'm going to be spending the next two weeks living downtown and commuting to and from West Ashley for business type things. And I think I'm going to try my old church again. Dawn and Chris are coming with the baby this weekend, too.

I am not so secretly a homebody, I think. I like reading books and watching movies and going to bed at a decent hour. Maybe I'm just aging at a quicker rate - like that movie Jack with Robin Williams.

All new Grey's Anatomy this week. Get excited.

Thinking about another day. Wishing I was far away. Wherever I dreamed I was, you were there with me.

No comments: