Friday, May 04, 2007

we can conquer this great divide.

I started learning my new life today.

I packed up parts of my room and shoved it into my car and drove to Charleston. I keep feeling both happy and sad. I'm comfortable here. But it's a different comfortable. I like that when I leave the door open that the fat cats don't try to run away. They're cute. They make my eyes itchy.

I want a dog when I grow up.

I'm very thankful for Kt and Luke. And for vanilla bean creme fraps with peppermint and shots of espresso poured through the top. I'm thankful for books with happy endings. And for tofu cooked in tangerine sauce. Also for my family. I love them alot. And I'm glad I'm going to be so much closer to my Mom because I don't know what I would ever do without her. And for Hanson.

My Mom bought me a book. It's How to Learn to Play Guitar. Because I've always wanted to. And because she listens to me. And when she has more money she's going to buy me a guitar. Even if it never happens this may be the best gift I've ever gotten.

I feel sort of alone right now. People are out living their lives. Or being sick. And I'm sitting at a computer with two cats and an old dog while listening to music on myspace because its really all I have.

Oh well. I'll make due. I think I found a church to go to tomorrow night.

I got an A in my marketing class. I think that's the catharsis to my college career.

I find hope and it gives me rest. I find hope in a beating chest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww... hanson.

in other thoughts, i think i like your church. a lot. from it's website alone.

yay for your A!

Amgad said...

Congrats on finishing college.
Enjoy your new life.
Cherish the moment. Feeling alone is like looking through the window at another life before stepping in the door.
And the quote you closed with... touches me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Just noticed your link to the website and realized you may not have known that there was a change in time and location.

We now meet downtown in the Summerall Chapel on the campus of The Citadel. Sundays 10:30 AM.

You are encouraged to join in on the online conversations at
Sanctuary