Wednesday, May 23, 2007

so time will go and we may be far apart i know

22 Days until Bonnaroo. Tomorrow I don't have to work in the store. And the prices of gas and postage are ridiculous.

Cause I don’t think that we should ever feel the need to worry, ever get ourselves in a hurry. You know I love you. I know you love me.

My bed has a frame. My walls have pictures. My dresser and closet have clothing. Our storage unit has lots of excess. My mom has a bruise on her knee. I have a haircut. And the store is really clean.

Have I mentioned that I like Charleston? I do. I don't like working the mall. We're not mall people. But I do love making coffee. I made a lady a heart in her drink the other day. She really appreciated it. I like working with my mom, too. Her dedication is amazing. Not to her job. But to God.

Have I mentioned that I miss Columbia? I do. I miss Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. I miss walking everywhere and living on the hill surrounded by all the people. I miss the windows in my room.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.

I am almost 23, confused with all the lines in between. They are dying to be read. Softly spoken. Simply said.

I think I stopped listening to God. I think I got scared. I stopped journaling too. I'm going to try again. Because I should. Because I need to. Because I want to. Because my life should be centered on Him. Not my job. Not my room. Not music. Not my family. Not my boyfriend. Not my friends. But if it is centered on Him all of those things will become infinitely sweeter. I know this to be true.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)

Tell me do you believe in the girl that is me with her feet to your feet, well that’s all that I need.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be still and know...

Unknown said...

hair cut?
hm...
i got my laptop!!! It's name is Eve.
miss you.
geylwvw-that's why i have to type in.

Courtney said...

i AM working at the wired bean again.
and i no longer need cheering up.
and i'm glad you love charleston.
and i'm glad you miss columbia.

and i think that covers everything.
i love you. thank you for eating lunch with us today. and for the coffee.

Sara said...

once again, amazing entry...gave me a lot to think about!! hope you're well