Tuesday, May 01, 2007

it's days like these that make us happy.

Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. These are the days.

I'm so in love with this place and the people here.

But the more I dread leaving, the more I realize that I have no idea what awaits me. Charleston is different now. My house is different now. It's not my home. I have to remeet the city and it's people and my job and a church and my life.

And there are people praying for it. And not just the people I talk to normally. The people I bump into at Starbucks or Immac randomly. Today was such a blessing through conversation and time with people. And through Joey's scones.

I thank God for giving me my time here in Columbia and giving me so many reasons and places to come back to. I thank God that these past four years have changed me and begun the equipping process for the rest of my life. It's hard to leave, but I know I have so much to look forward to... Whatever it may be, I'll find out soon enough.

Hours passing by with the beat one two. Said it's days like these kicking back just doing what we do.

3 comments:

Sara said...

once again, superbly written...i've been having those feelings too but can only sum them up with a sigh...thanks for sharing and good luck!

Unknown said...

Erin you're amazing and I'll miss you. a lot.
and maybe if i get Meagan G on my side, than I'll put in a good word for you.

Megan said...

radius=liked it, would like to go back. i thikn i'll go this sunday for their first of three parts on Godly femininity. im glad i saw you today!