Sunday, April 08, 2007

so, i like a quiet time, please

I feel safe, I feel warm when you're here and I do no wrong.

Sometimes I forget that Jesus was a man. I often think of him as a baby and I often think of him as part of the trinity - something beautiful and intangible, but hardly ever as a man. Which is a shame because that it what he was - who he was. The pain he experienced was so real. So, to you all, Happy Resurrection Day.

This weekend was really amazing. Jubilant, even. JP and Wendy's wedding was beautiful and everything I expected and hoped it to be. And seeing my Mom outside of Wholly Cow for the first time since Christmas almost had the same effect to me. Also, I really enjoy Matt Jones. Not just as a boyfriend, but as a person. It's one of those not just do I love you (because technically I'm supposed to love you) but I like you. A lot. Mmmm. I don' t want to move far away.

So, my mother gave me a sermon boxset Paul did back in January. I'm not big on sermon boxsets. And this one is called Sexual Revolution - Seeking to reconnect sex and the soul - our desires along with a love of the true, good and beautiful. The equation thus far is Mom + (5 Disc) Sermon Boxset + Sex + My Pastor + the fact that I'm not having sex. I didn't know what it equaled at all. I think whatever it was seemed less once Kt told me I should hear it - because my mom telling me wasn't convincing enough.

I listened to the first disc on my way back from Sumter. Parts of it were slightly uncomfortable. Parts of it were enlightening. Parts of it made me laugh.

And one part made me cry. But it was a lovely cry. The kind where the tears stream down your face, but you're smiling at the same time. And it wasn't just the words that were said, but to know that they were true. And to have seen them lived out by couples that I know.

It was good. God is so good.

I am safe when I am with you and I feel warm if you want me to. I am cured when I'm by your side. I'm alright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

erin, you are amazing, lol.
God is the best thing ever...like...if he hadn't created me to experience him, i don't know what i'd do with myself. hahahahaha
i'm really tired, and courtney is asleep.
Sex sermon things are always akward, but somtimes needed, and just for mindset stuff, not really b/c you're having sex. and you never know, maybe someone will come to you with questions about sex, and now you'll be able to give them an answer.

Anonymous said...

erin, i just want you to know that I am praising God for the work He has done in your life. He is raising You up all the time and doing wonderful things in you and through you. I'm encouraged by your heart for Him...thank you and praise God!
-bjo