Monday, April 09, 2007

oh you silly stupid pastime of mine

I certainly haven't been shopping for any new shoes and I certainly haven't been spreading myself around.

Fiona Apples drives me a little crazy. And I listen to her anyway. Repeatedly.

Last night I couldn't stay awake on the phone with my mom. It was horrible. I slept for ten hours. That was amazing. And unexpected.

Today it was cold. My feet turned blue. I went to the Post Office and the Starbucks on Gervais. I sat through hours of rambling that I didn't pay attention to and learned that good students finish last a.ka. first in line for doing projects. And Council. I went to Council and ate little cinnamon rolls that Joey made and laughed some and made a few decisions.

If there was a better way to go then it would find me.

I don't want to leave Columbia. I feel like it owns a little piece of me because I moved here and made it my city and my home. It's where I did most of my real growing up. I feel comfortable and at peace here. I'm not ready to be done with this place.

The rest of my time here promises to hold lots of life. School and friends. Memories to be remembered. Memories to be made.

(This city is my home, construction noise all day long and gutter punks are bumming change.)

I just finished three assignments. I still have a few to do. Not tonight, but soon.

Tomorrow I become unemployed.

I still only travel by foot and by foot it's a slow climb, but I'm good at being uncomfortable so I can't stop changing all the time.

No comments: