Wednesday, April 11, 2007

come the weekend and we'll be long gone baby

... Just like the old days, letting the world flow through me.

I'm reading a book called Skinny Bitch. It's telling me to give up coffee. Something about the acidity forming fat cells. I don't know. Giving up coffee may not make me skinny, but it would certainly make me bitchy.

I am on day two of the massive (sinus induced, i think) headache. Bah.

I only have maybe four more weekends until I leave Columbia.

With that in mind, I would like to cordially invite you all to the last Shack Sunday Night Service for the semester which doubles as my very last Shack - as it does for several other Shackers as well.

And now I bring you an excerpt from the Free Times: "As if any of us needed proof that Keith Richards is the craziest f#!ker alive, reports in tabloids the world ‘round printed stories that the Stones guitarist once snorted a mixture of cocaine and the ashes of his dead father. The allegation comes from an NME interview in which Keef, aside from owning up to snorting his pop’s remains, trashes the state of modern music." - Patrick Wall (everyone's favorite Music Writer)

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive." - Keith Richards

He mixed his father's remains with some blow. Supposedly it's not true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

When I don't feel good I drink a lot of apple juice. I even ate an apple earlier. Maybe it has something to do with the whole "an apple a day" saying.

In other news, I will be able to see Dave Barnes, Fiction Plane, Manchester Orchestra and Tin Cup Prophette all in the Bonnaroo Cafe Tent. Yay for promoting up and coming artists that I already enjoy.

Sooo. I'm finally trying to get my car fixed and the a-holes who can fix it won't call me back. I'm taking my car on Friday and making them do it. Oh and I just realized the back of my car is broken. Great. Great. Great.

I hate Starbucks 22 pages worth.

From here you can almost see the sea.

No comments: