Sunday, October 08, 2006

right through that screaming crowd

Yesterday, I wanted to go to work and be full of joy.

And by the time 10 o'clock rolled around I wanted to call Nate and yell at him for forgetting about the busy night and the giant group of high school girls who were coming in. Alison kept taking orders and the tickets kept piling up and I just kept making things. It was so busy.

But everything got out. All the customers were happy. All it cost were our smiles and the brightness in our eyes.

I'm a terrible warrior. I'm so weak. I get brought down too easily. I listen to myself instead of listening to God telling me to be strong.

Because, even though I was tired, my night ended up just fine. And we had great music to listen to while we closed and I felt so blessed by my friends - and the strangers in my life. A shout out to Corinne, Carole and Wayne for being amazing and being so helpful while we closed.

While we were on our knees praying that disease would leave the ones we love and never come again.

Then I went home and had an email from Matt which made me happy, but I found out he's sick. Not sure what/how/why. This is also made my crankiness seem unfounded. At least I'm not sick and nine hours away from the people that I love and want to take care of me.

This is how it works: you peer inside yourself, you take the things you like and try to love the things you took...

Now, I'm sitting here in my semi chilly room wearing my snowmen pjs and my air force sweatshirt pondering my future and the weather. I better enjoy it now because it'll be warm later this week.

... and then you take that love you made and stick it into some - someone else's heart, pumping someone else's blood.

When I'm older, I hope that I have enough money to overpay and overstaff my coffee shop, so no one ever seems under appreciated or overwhelmed.

And walking arm in arm, you hope it don't get harmed, but even if it does, you'll just do it all again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me. You. Pumpkin Ice Cream. 6pm. WaHa.

RachelAdelle said...

That tea was at the food show!!