Wednesday, October 11, 2006

my hands are small, i know

I felt small today.

I was walking through the Horseshoe this morning and no one was out there. So, I started looking around and noticed how big the trees were and how tall the columns on some of the buildings were. I noticed all the grass and the animals running on it. I thought of all the memories I had there and how some small ones overshadowed much more interesting ones. I was listening to worship music and thought about how much some of those words mean. And who those people were singing about.

When I think of all of the things that we've done and what's to come, I can't help but think it's part of some - part of a plan.

And I thought about how small I was compared to all of it.

Small to nature. Small to buildings. Small to my past. Small to my future. Small to worship. Small to my Creator. So small to the amazing things I know he's doing in my life. Small to the closeness and safety I feel when I spend time with Him.

So small.

So small when he convicted me today about judgement. So small when someone else apologized to me for it. So small.

His love and greatness and creation and knowledge are so big. And I felt small. And I had never felt happier to feel that small. So small.

I wish we could open our eyes to see in all directions at the same time. Oh, what a beautiful view if you were never aware of what was around you.

No comments: