Thursday, January 12, 2012

What a day. Thursday.

This morning I went to work at 6 am because there was a man with a crane who was shutting down the street to put in the air conditioning unit. Crazy, right?

Today wasn't exactly what I thought it'd be, but I guess it was exactly what it was supposed to be.

It was actually a short day, by time standards, but it was busy and a lot went down at work. I did take a nice little stroll around downtown, then I got my eyebrows done. I went to the Lululemon Showroom today - love it and they have FREE YOGA on Saturday mornings! And when I came home, I made these yummy little energy bites...


1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. almond/peanut butter
1/3 c. honey
1 c. coconut flakes (I used the big organic kind.)
1/2 c. ground flaxseed
1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate for an hour. Roll into balls. Store in an airtight container.

I had a really difficult time not eating it all while it was still just a mix in the bowl. Ok, well, it's still a mix in the bowl, actually. I should have used smaller coconut flakes. It tastes delicious though. Breakfast? I think so.

I also got to do my first unstable workout at the gym. That means no solid ground. That also means jumping around in circles on bosu balls in front of strangers. I'll feel all of this tomorrow I'm sure.

And I may or may not have listened to Bass Down Low all day. Ok, I did.

The next two days it's just me at work - one half of the team. Then Saturday is Food Truck Rodeo! And Sunday I am off!

Get excited. I am. One day at a time. 

No comments: