Monday, September 01, 2008

summertime is over and i don't owe you nothing

I can feel the falling leaves filling up my vacant mind.

To begin, I'm never straightening my hair again after all the compliments I received today. It's too easy to wear it wavy and everyone likes it better. I think it works out best for us all.

It was a long 11-hour day. Tomorrow will be the same. I'm glad I work mostly with caffeine. And at least I'm always next door to it. *phew*

And I can't believe it's already September. Wow.

I hope excellent fall weather follows quickly. I'm so excited.

Today, a rather attractive foreign boy told me, "Finally. Someone who is good with milk." And another someone (who is somewhat of a critic) told me that I moved well at the machine and had really good milk skills.

These things made me feel good, but what I really took away from today was God really showing me I was there for a reason. This morning I was so annoyed to be there. It was Labor Day and all my friends were in Columbia and that's where I wanted to be, but I prayed that God would put me in a better mood and remind me that I was there for a reason. I thought that maybe I would make a difference today and that's why I had to give up a trip to see my friends. And then... tonight, a new friend of mine (who came into the store today and had received some particularly bad news while he was there) told me "Thank you for earlier, Erin. You really brightened my day - made it better."

And I knew that God puts us exactly where we're supposed to be whether we know it or not.

So that was good. I also had some decisions to make today. And I did. I'm not normally very good at that, but I had to decide what was best for me. What do I want? What do I not want? What makes me happy? Where do I want to go from here? I don't know all the answers to these questions, but I do know that God is good and faithful and knows the desires of my heart and if I follow him and what I feel like he is telling me, then I will be okay - even moreso, I will be happy and fulfilled.

I just have to be patient.

Cast your cares upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall. - Psalm 55:22

I can see September sun sinking in the autumn sky. If you want me to be gone, I've left already in my mind.

No comments: