Sunday, September 28, 2008

i get my ends and my beginnings mixed up too

I read this in The Shack's newsletter:

"Expectations are funny things. It is our natural tendency to enter uncharted waters trying to anticipate what will await. And if I have learned anything in the last few months it is that I can't will something into existence by anticipation. I often miss out on what is real and in front of me because of the immense amount of control I have attempted to "claim" over the situation. Ha. More and more so I am seeing, being convinced and finding rest in that "all things God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28" - Becky Freed

I like it.

I'm not in a bad place... just a weird place. I'm in a place where I need to decide what is important to me. It's not enough to believe something - I must be convicted of it. Evidently I have preferences, but lack conviction... I must follow through on thoughts and do something rather than allowing ideas to become stagnant because I'm preoccupied with busyness.

"Guard against the tyranny of the urgent. The most important things will seldom scream for your attention, they will simply wait for you to discover them. Things like prayer, Scripture study, cultivating friendships, thinking, enjoying art. The loud and demanding are rarely as important as these." - Charles Swindoll

We have begun to change into the worst kind of people. So unkind. Oh apologies, no apologies, this apology doesn't describe the way it feels to feel for you.

No comments: