Wednesday, February 14, 2007

i'm adoring you. it's all good.

I served lunch today at the McCutchen House. Lovers at lunch. Oy. I wore red to get more tips. I figure that if Hallmark can capitalize on our affections for one another, then so can I.

It worked pretty well.

Rachel pulled coffee out of her purse today in class and that made me extremely amused and appreciative of her - moreso than normal.

My mommy sent me a valentine with a Target gift card - that's love. But she also reminded me that she loves me not just today, but everyday. And told me how proud she was of me.

We're not going to sell Wholly Cow. I'm staying. She's staying. And it's going to be amazing. Because together she and I are just like that.

I was also bestowed with a poem and some gummi jewelry by Tony and Alison. And Courtney bought me a mail order puppy. Or at least that is what I will continue to assume my surprise is.

I'm constantly surprised by the people who care about me and sometimes it takes a holiday for me to remember how truly loved I am or what an impact I seem to have made at times.

Tonight, I was at House Coffee studying (which I should be doing now) and I saw this guy/man - Micah who comes into Jammin Java and I said hi to him and talked about Charleston for a bit and talked about what I had ordered (double shot nonfat latte) and whatnot. When he left, he patted me on the back and waved. Then, Paige came up to me with a latte and a cookie and told me that Micah had ordered them for me before he left.

I felt really special. I've always wanted someone to do that for me.

And then I got a tulip. I love tulips. I really wanted a tulip today. And it made me happy.

So, I will not hate on Hallmark. I will appreciate the holiday as it has been given to me. I wish Matt could have been a part of it (I'm blaming the Air Force for that), but it's good to know that I have other people in my life who love me that much, too.

But there is no one who could wake my heart like this, could break my world in two. I felt a suddenness. I felt a suddenness. The day fell completely still. The dream was a lot like this, but I never knew until he came to meet me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the Micah you're talking about the Micah that plays with Mel Washington? because he lives in Charleston and is playing a show in the Watershed soon so he's probably in town, and that all sounds a lot like something he'd do. just curious. =)
i can't wait to give you your puppy! you need to come by my workplace soon and pick him/her up.

Anonymous said...

sea monkeys come from Archie comic books. you can order them.
um, thank you so much for your sweet comment. it really wasn't that bad...no need to be sorry, really. that verse is hoppin awesome, t hough. thank you. i really like you.