Monday, February 19, 2007

don't for a minute change the place you're in

Today I was overwhelmed by my lacking and by my future.

So scared of getting older. I'm only good at being young...

Once in awhile, when it's good, it'll feel like it should and they're all still around and you're still safe and sound and you don't miss a thing 'til you cry when you're driving away in the dark.

And then I was reminded...
My worth is not defined by how many interviews I receive. It is not defined by the coffee I drink. It is not defined by my relationships. It is not defined by how many times I talk to my boyfriend a week. It is not defined by the music I listen to. It is not defined by my GPA. It is not defined by the money I make.

I am none of those things and I am nothing without God.

My life. My present. My future. My worth.

These things which are important are defined by my faith and acceptance of Christ's love for me and his works through me.

Oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him - endless energy, boundless strength! (Ephesians 1:19, The Message)

1 comment:

Amgad said...

Amen.