Monday, June 03, 2013

When did life become so much work? I mean, really, do we take the time to really enjoy what we we've been given? The last two days I've been "unemployed"aka between my old job and new job. These last two days I've been busy though. Planning. Cleaning. Cooking. Thinking. I got to go to the beach and nap with my love. I was able to organize and plan some things. I was able to have drinks with a friend. I got to catch up with a friend on the other side of the country. I had delicious breakfast with a friend and her family.

So much to be grateful for, but, in the moments, I was very overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed about planning, about ramifications, about sustaining relationships, about sunburn, about a whole host of things that were or could have been a result of my actions. Thinking and worrying all the time is a lot of work. I ask again, when did life become so much work?

As I start my new job, this new life adventure, I feel called to learn how to enjoy it now. Not in hindsight. Not in ten years. Now.

For June, I've started to come up with a list of things I'd like to do - to enjoy and help simplify. As soon as it's complete (tomorrow, likely) I will post it here.

There is so much possibility in our lives. We should absolutely take hold of it and live it now.

2 comments:

Faith A said...

Good words my freind. Reminds me of the Andy Bernard quote from The Office finale. " I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." It's a good thing to remember, that despite the trepidation and stress, that these are days in hidsight you will eventually miss. You got this, Lady <3

Craig Archer said...

You are wiser than you know. Most of us don't recognize what you already know until way past the age of, ehm, 60. You are at the beginning of the journey of enlightenment. Visit my blog at craig-archer.blogspot.com for some ideas. Also read Barbara Dewey's book, The Creating Cosmos or Michael Beckwith's Spiritual Liberation. Both have great techniques that help a person to enjoy the here and now and not let your consciousness be dominated by demands and expectations from the dead past or the imagined future.