Monday, June 17, 2013

As you all know, I began a new job recently - hooray! Change is exciting and challenging (in a good way)! But, we also know change can be overwhelming... Eep. And, since you all know me, you know that I put a lot of pressure on myself to do and be everything quickly. I give others the space and time to learn, but not myself. (How rude, right?)

So, what I've learned so far from my new job is:

1. Don't pressure yourself into being/doing more than you're ready to be/do. It takes time and that's ok - take it.

2. If you're gonna be up to Big Shit, then sometimes you have to let go of the little shit. Say no when you need to. Skip a workout if you have to. You can't do it all, but you can do it big.

3. It's all about people. Being in community is the greatest gift. Do not waste it.

Anyway, those are just a few things that have been on my mind recently as I adjust to my new job which I really feel is a new life. I'm certainly learning from it everyday and I hope that never ever stops.

xo.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

You know Erin, you are one smart cookie. We all have those feelings of wanting to have it all, NOW. One thing I have found is that if you can do what you just said in your blog you are on your way to enlightenment. Spiritual, intellectual, financial, and physical enlightenment comes with letting go of the things you can't change, changing the things you can, and having enough wisdom to know the difference. You are wise.