Sunday, January 10, 2010

via adventures of mascarah :
(matt white - wait for love)
This is one of my breakup songs. The ones I listen to on repeat when I just feel, well…lost. I even have a playlist :) I blogged this song almost a year ago (February 10, to be exact), when I was feeling the same way I feel now. I try not to talk about what I’m going through personally on here, I just feel like that’s a line that I don’t want to cross. But I can tell you (we’re friends, right?) that within the past year I’ve had my heart hurt. Twice.

I have so many friends in the same boat, recently with their hearts shattered by disappointment and hurt and betrayal. Why does this happen? Why do the ones we choose to love let us down? Why isn’t it easier? Why does it hurt so badly? Why can’t they just give us the love and respect we give them?

I never thought I’d grow up to be almost 29 and have such a skeptical view on love. I want so much to believe that it (all the bad) happens because we haven’t found the right person. And that going through those things helps us really learn what love is. And when we finally meet that special one, it will be so amazing. And all the other relationships we thought were so devastating will pale in comparison.

No comments: