Monday, January 04, 2010

just trying to change the color on your mood ring

2010. No resolutions, but I've got some goals. I don't miss 2009. I'm also not glad it's gone. However, I do enjoy the blank slate that a new year provides.
  • I want to finish the Harry Potter books. I'm on five now, so that shouldn't be hard (especially now that the holidays are over). I would like to read Crazy Love & A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. There are some others, but I won't list them all.
  • I would like to learn to wake up when my alarm goes off. That's a skill I've yet to acquire in life.
  • I think it would be cool to run 5 miles without wanting to die. I don't know if that's a goal I want to take on or not though. But I think I used to be "healthier" and I would like to be again. Is that actually a resolution? Hmph. Run Walk, maybe?
  • I want to see John Mayer in concert. And I will. February 8. Yesss.
  • I would like to start my retirement & savings plan with Limited Brands, as well as add $1000 to my savings account while continuing to put money in my IRA.
  • I plan on traveling to the West Coast. I want to start in Nevada City, CA and work my way down to San Diego. Epic.
  • Go to Nola. For no reason other than I want to and I can.
  • I have a lot of friends getting married this year. I would like to be at all of those weddings. I hope they have cupcakes & dancing & general merriment.
  • Spiritual Life. Get one again.
And, last, but certainly not least...
  • I want to become a Co-Manager at Bath & Body Works. That's going to be a lot of work, but I know I can do it and I have a lot of people standing behind me.
I hope along the way I'm happy & I make good friends & encourage people & change a few lives. Sometimes those are things that cannot be known & measured, but I hope other people can see it & feel it.

Happy 2010. May it surprise you...

No comments: