Friday, January 29, 2010

THERE IS SO MUCH HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

I was watching The Notebook (which I previously hated and never made me cry) while I was folding laundry (my absolute least favorite chore) last night and there was this shot of Allie in the bath that made me laugh and then I remembered that's what I was sort of like yesterday. Hahaha. So, I googled to get a screen cap, but alas. I did find this description from maryannknits which I hope paints a picture in your mind:
Do you remember when Allie (Rachel McAdams) is trying on her wedding dress, and she sees the picture of Noah in the paper, and then she faints? Right after that, she is in the bathtub with her veil on and a glass of liquor (brandy? sherry?). It made me laugh maniacally for a solid ten minutes (I hope that you can recall this scene, as google images has disappointed me in my hour of need).

At some point, I am certain I will be that same hot mess (complete with smeared mascara) in a claw foot tub.

Perhaps my only chance at sanity is for Ryan Gosling to swoop in and save me?
So, I read a little bit more of her blog (bc that's what I do when I'm procrastinating) and I found this little gem which perfectly describes December in the retail world. I actually laughed out loud.
Work got busy (post Black Friday fall-out coupled with a major Regional Manager visit) and I was tired, cranky, and working lots of extra hours. With extra work and the holiday season comes lots of sugary treats, which I LOVE, but my energy level HATES. By the time I got home at 6 or 7 at night, I was tired from being on my feet all day, but more importantly, I hadn't fueled (the closest I came to eating a leafy green was a Reese's tree...) or hydrated (apparently, a constant intake of venti caramel macchiatos and Diet Coke actually DE-hydrate you, but I'm still in denial) my body appropriately enough to be able to take on even the most manageable run. (maryannknits)
Life is nuts, but I don't feel like going into it. On a lighter note, Costco sells my favorite gum (Extra Fruit Sensations Sweet Watermelon) in a value pack! Yes, I'm addicted bc of The Biggest Loser. And, I've gotten a trainer at the gym. Bahahaha. Ok, I'm going to be late for work.

Love you all for reading my rambles. xo.

No comments: