Thursday, January 21, 2010

i didn't have a very good day today.

but i found a friend to vent at. and i ran it out.

and i remembered that tomorrow is a new day.

thank goodness.

it's so weird - hindsight - looking into the past. i feel like it actually helps me live in my present. to forgive and forget and learn and move on.

i've learned a lot over the past two days.

mostly, that people are just people and you love them in spite of themselves. no one is perfect and we all make mistakes or have bad habits, but you don't give up on them. and you don't kick them while they're down. you just love them.

and sometimes it's hard and you don't want to. and sometimes it's easy and you don't want to. and sometimes it's neither. it's simply as natural as breathing. i'm not sure which scenario is most beautiful.

life is surprising.



ps. did anyone watch grey's or private practice? these shows keep toying with my heart strings. plus, they make me want to eat truffles & drink wine.

lifehouse - all in all

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

When I was younger I would hear people using cliches like "Life is a journey, not a destination," and "Live is a river, go with the flow." I thought it was trite and pretentious. Now I see it as simple truth. It takes a while to get there. The more life you experience the closer you get to living in the moment of the ebb and flow.

That's why you'll find happiness when you least expect it. Because it literally does fall into your lap when you least expect it, but that can only happen when you stop trying to hard to achieve it.

You should read the Tao Of Pooh. I can loan it to you. :-)