Sunday, January 24, 2010

I don't really watch tv on a regular basis. I like The Biggest Loser (this season) and I like to be home for Grey's and Private Practice. I don't make my schedule around them though. The only show I ever really did that for was Gilmore Girls - I missed one episode in 7 seasons and didn't see it until it was on dvd.

My point is that I don't really care, most of the time, about television. I don't follow what happens to shows. I don't really watch the news because it's sad. And I am usually facebooking or blogging by the time The Tonight Show comes on. I don't know what happened with Conan and NBC. I don't know if I'll ever know.

What I do know, however, is that I respect him and his separation from the network. And I respect his farewell and think it's something we should all remember.

"All I ask of you, especially young people... is one thing. Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism - it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."- Conan O'Brien

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

That's how I'm living my life now. I'm working hard toward achieving my dreams and being kind to the people I meet along the way. :-)