Thursday, December 03, 2009

i'm a modern girl, but i fold in half so easily

i don't regret much.

Take chances. Tell the truth. Date someone totally wrong for you. Say no. Spend all your cash. Get to know someone random. Be random. Say I love you. Sing out loud. Laugh at stupid jokes. Cry. Apologize. Tell someone how much they mean to you. Tell a jerk what you think. Laugh till your stomach hurts. Live life. Regret nothing.


sometimes i think i regret trusting people & giving them the benefit of the doubt. but i don't. it's how i get those silly little life lessons that i hold onto ever so briefly, then forget about or let go of in just enough time for someone to surprise me again with their stupidity or lack of morals.

it's a nice vicious little cycle i've started for myself.

i don't know that i'll ever really "learn from my mistakes" or stop giving second chances (third chances are definitely out of the question though... )

who knows? not me. i'm never sure of anything.

Because I'm not scared, but I'd like some extra spare time.

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

You're way too hard on yourself. It's not your fault that sometimes people aren't honest with you. You shouldn't change who you are or what you believe because of a few bad apples. They're the ones with the issues, not you, so don't try to own it. Just let it roll off and keep following your bliss.