Saturday, December 26, 2009

i’m a drug you don’t wanna give up

“My mother said recently that (the album) Happenstance is the beauty of your ’20s, this one (Elephants) is the richness of your ’30s – of someone who’s been through the mill and is trying to make the choice between optimism and defeatism,” she [Rachael] says.

i love rachael yamagata. i have for quite a while. this song is so intense. it's empowering & sad at the same time. i can't decide if it makes me feel strong or depressed. either way, i like that it moves me.



Smoke your cigarette, make your love. You pour blood in my heart, I can’t get enough. I’m drowning and you can’t decide.

It’s not about geography or happenstance, your need to fly and take a chance, your need to shine to emptiness and float on high and forever dance alone.


No comments: