Wednesday, December 09, 2009

i must lay down a foundation of stone

I must lay down a foundation of stone before I build a floor.

[begin ramble]

I think it's silly how much we let the opposite sex hurt us. And this goes both ways.

I don't mind being single. Sometimes I freak out or have a bad day and wish I had someone to go home to or call and be with, but that's what I have friends for, right? There's an episode of Gilmore Girls like this....
LORELAI: You know, there are very few times in my life when I find myself sitting around thinking, "I wish I was married," but today, I mean -- I'm happy. You know? I like my life. I like my friends. I like my stuff. My time, my space, my TV.

LUKE: Yeah, sure.

LORELAI: But every now and then, just for a moment, I wish I had a partner, someone to pick up the slack. Someone to wait for the cable guy, make me coffee in the morning, meet the stupid sink before it gets sent back to Canada.

Sometimes I think that I could be single forever - not that I want to be, but that I could. It's not so bad. I like to think that I could take care of myself. But then I meet someone who I think is lovely and funny and likes the same music as I do and I wonder. Sometimes that hurts. Sometimes it just fades away. Perhaps, one day, it will work out. I don't know. But for now, it doesn't seem so bad. I am not unhappy. Definitely not. I'm not even lonely.

I don't know what I'm yammering on about. I want to get married someday, but I guess for right now, I'm ok. Maybe it's just easier to be ok when the only people you find that you could be interested don't even live near you.

Hmph.

[end ramble]

You must pull up the weeds before they take hold and throw them on the fire.

Don't believe those hungry liars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you can do is be where you are. really live your experience. one day you will fall in love and all the waiting will make sense, but until then just live.

you are already ahead of the game.

Anonymous said...

i have a feeling i know what triggered this blog...

-rachel