Tuesday, June 05, 2007

i lie down like a tired dog

I hate making milkshakes. I just wanted to go ahead and get that out of the way.

So, I finally started Dreams from My Father by Barak Obama. And by started I mean I've read the first couple of pages. So, really the introduction to the book and not even the book itself. Huh. The point is I finished one and started another. And Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs is well worth the reading.

We're doing a three day diet at my house. Theoretically, I could weigh ten pounds less by Friday morning. Today when I got to work there were fresh chocolate croissants. Diets are stupid. Friday morning I'm going to have a chocolate croissant and coffee with cream for breakfast. And it's going to be GLORIOUS.

We have fresh blueberry muffins coffee at the store. I love giant bags of coffee. They make me happy.

It's amazing how much affection you can extract from one person when you make them an excellent beverage.

I'm going to Columbia this weekend. Holla.

Next weekend I'm going to Bonnaroo Oh Seven. I just made the chart of music I want to hear and things I want to do. I'm going to have to make some sacrifices. Argh.

My music listening habits are completely random. The Police. Dave Matthews Band. Beirut. Lily Allen. Dave Barnes. Random. Did I tell you all that when Kt and I see DMB in September we're going to be sitting third row center? Yay!! Love.

Tonight when I ran the sky was pink. And it was beautiful. And just for me.

I try to imagine a careless life, a scenic world where the sunsets are all breathtaking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're amazing.
are you coming to the bean on saturday? i hope you are.
pycbwh

Anonymous said...

Just noticed your link to the website in a previous post and realized you may not have known that there was a change in time and location.

We now meet downtown in the Summerall Chapel on the campus of The Citadel. Sundays 10:30 AM.

You are encouraged to join in on the online conversations at the Sanctuary site!