Friday, November 25, 2011
And now, while American consumers are out jonesin' for a sale, I will be... well, assisting them. Normally I dread this day with my whole heart, but right now I'm really looking forward to it. I want to see what it's like outside of a mall. I want to know what it looks like as controlled chaos. Then I want to go to the gym, paint my toes and maybe go for drinks with the "kids" in the family. TGIF? Sure. I'll bite.
And now for Top 5(ish) [Black] Friday!
1. I like traditions. They're especially good when they involve The Happiness Project. I still haven't finished reading it. Maybe January will be my month.
2. My cousin and his wife, Brittany, are pretty adorable. He did a good job picking her. She writes this cute little blog about their cute little family. I dig it.
3. Because Thanksgiving is the best holiday. The end.
4. So, I made pie for Thanksgiving. I don't know if I've ever made a pie other than pumpkin or chocolate walnut (at McCutchen House). And then boom! I made this Salted Caramel Cheesecake Pie with a gingersnap crust. From scratch. True story.
5. Lovely Olivia is back in Charleston and taking names! Of really awesome places to visit & dine. I think it's time for a Butcher & Bee adventure.
6. I'm sorry - is this even possible? A pretty fridge... What a concept. I'll work on that.
7. First, I like the name of this blog - lyrics from The Weepies! Second, she's right - you should be watching this show. It's hilarious and on Hulu. So, Happy Hanksgiving - enjoy!
There it is. I hope you enjoyed what I enjoyed on the interwebs over the past seven days. I'm thankful for all of you reading - whether I know you or not - and I hope you're eating leftovers and sitting in your pajamas. That's what I would be doing.