Monday, June 07, 2010

"When people wait on an ice cream line, they're waiting for a treat. So they're happy, they're thinking, what flavor should I get? They don't mind the anticipation. But a coffee line is for drug addicts. And drug addicts are assholes." - Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress

This is one of my favorite quotes from a book ever. I remember reading it in the waiting room while my Dad was having his lungs checked and I laughed out loud and all the people looked at me funny. Then I read it to my Dad who laughed out loud. Then people stared at me like I was evil for making the man with a bunk lung laugh. It's ok. He still quotes it to me all the time.

And it's true, btw. But I've seen people waiting for ice cream get uber cranky, too. Don't let the treat part fool you.

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

For some people ice cream is an addiction. I think they're the ones who are grumpy when they don't get it on their terms.

Do you miss the three year olds crawling on the counter and licking the ice cream case? :-)