Saturday, November 08, 2008

breathe in the future, breathe out the past

I opened at BBW for the first time by myself today. Smoooooth like butter. But they couldn't have chosen an easier day for me to do it. Unfortunately, I frittered away my entire day in the mall. It wasn't a bad day - I just missed most of the daylight.

On the record - I'm blessed by both my jobs - what I do and who I do it with.

I'm living downtown right now with the dogs while Laurie and Rob are in Spain, Italy and Greece. I haven't had much time to really enjoy it, but I think next week might be different. I hope.

NEXT WEEK IS COLDPLAY! Yay! Yay for Coldplay and Ikea and Trader Joe's and Octane Coffee! Yay!

I'm listening to this band called Fink. I like 'em.

Have you ever considered what an amazing thing healing is? I've had lots of intense and awesome conversations this week and I just love how my life is and how it is interwined with others' lives. I love being a part of something bigger than myself... even when it proves to be difficult or discouraging.

And, decidedly, it is much better for me to be shocked and discouraged by humanity than to accept this behavior as the status quo.

So much to look forward to...

Anyway, I'm going to change and defunk before I head out for a drink or two.

I can't wait to have my own house one day. Except for the bills - that part I could put off forever.

Savor this moment as long as it lasts. Let me tell you. Put it back together piece by piece. Make it good.

No comments: