Thursday, October 16, 2008

it doesn't hurt me

You wanna feel how it feels? You wanna know, know that it doesn't hurt me? You wanna hear about the deal I'm making?

Someone told me I don't smile anymore.

That's not true.

I smile now when I really want to... when something really makes me happy or amuses me. Why? Because I spent a lot of time smiling because I thought I was supposed to - that no matter how I felt, I was supposed to put it aside and smile and make it work.

So, I don't smile as much. That's fine. But know that when I do, it's because I want to and not because I felt like you made me.

You and me won't be unhappy. And if I only could make a deal with God and get him to swap our places. Be running up that road. Be running up that hill. With no problems...

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

You sure seem to laugh a lot when I'm around. Coincidence?