Tuesday, October 28, 2008

i'm on the verge. i'm on the verge.

I come undone, oh yes, I do. Just think of all the thoughts wasted on you.

I think I too often judge my days by what I accomplish or how much I get done. I make a list and the day is not complete unless I cross off at least half of the things I have "to do". Why is that? When did I become so wrapped up in what I can do instead of just enjoying what I've done?

Today, I worked a lot and went to a small group, but I'd like to think of my victories as the yoga I did this morning, the moments I shared with friends and the cup of tea I'm drinking right now - ginseng peppermint for those of you who are interested. All thirteen hours of my day spent away from home and that is what it boils down to for me.

I would like to be one of those people who lives simply.

I would like to be one of those people who finds joy in the mundane as much as in the excitement. I would like to be one those people who recognizes God in everyday things rather than just in the big things. I would like to be one of those people who is more in tune with themselves - my body, my spirit, my mind. I would like to be one of those people who lives for others in the midst of living myself. I would like to be one of those people who doesn't see everything I do as a task or a chore. I would like to be one those people who doesn't make every new encounter into something awkward.

I would like to be one of those people who lives simply.

Does that make sense at all?

I don't know what I ramble on about half the time. And I suppose that's okay. But now I'm going to sleep in my warm little, heated mattress pad bed. Praise for the little things.

Also, this picture is from simply breakfast. It makes me think of fall. And it makes me want to drink chai every morning and eat nuts and yogurt and oatmeal for every meal.

I am aware I've been misled. I disconnect my heart, my head. Don't wanna recognize when things go bad, the things that you'll accept. Except that I am... I'm finding the words.

No comments: