Wednesday, July 30, 2008

like a rolling stone. no direction home.

It rains here often. It's sort of annoying when you're running errands. Oh well.

I'm trying to be more understanding about my situation and everyone else's situations. It's not easy because I'm (almost) twenty-three years old and everything is about me right now.
Claire: I would like to know what is at the center of your world.
Robbie: Center of my world? Wow, you're no monkeyin' around.
Claire: Why? It's very simple, this question.
Robbie: Hm, well, I'm 22. I guess I would say me.
Claire: I suppose you are honest.
Robbie: Don't you think that you're the center or that you should be the center? Thinking with your own head, talking with your own mouth?
Claire: Yes, but there are things in the world, too, that are important.
(This is from the movie I'm Not There. Robbie is supposed to be Bob Dylan.)

I don't really have a point to this blog. I just want people to know that I'm trying. Or maybe to remind myself that I'm supposed to be trying. I'm not sure. Being intentional is much harder than one would think.

Just remind me if I'm being unreasonable, disbelieving, unforgiving or just complacent. Sometimes I need a good swift kick. I promise I won't hold it against you.

My love to you all.

No comments: