Saturday, August 18, 2007

i'm tired of running, let's walk for a minute

Being back at home after four years is strange. Noticing that highschoolers still act the same is strange. Having people I went to highschool with still seem the same is strange. I keep seeing people I've known for years, but also haven't seen in years. It's the mall. It brings us all together for shopping, ice cream and coffee.

A good friend of mine keeps having the same issues that I guess he had in highschool. They seem to be causing stress because he's trying to grow up and move on, but he's going in circles. He has so much potential though. And I saw my exboyfriend today in an awkward stroke of... luck? Coincidence? I'm not sure. I saw his family a couple weeks ago in the store and now I've seen him and I suppose much more since he works at Target which is mere steps from my store. Our conversation was strange. I don't have to deal with ex's a whole lot. It was interesting to catch up.

I see people all the time and it's good to know that lots of them are doing well and are successful or, at the very least, are happy with whatever they're doing at the moment. I hope that my life continues to go forward in a bright direction. I feel like owning and experiencing my own business is a good first step for that. And I hope so much that I don't let people get me down with their questions and doubts. I don't have time for that nonsense.

In other news - I got my Voodoo Music Experience ticket in the mail today. I just have to keep up with it until the end of October. Also, Wally was sick, but is slowing making a comeback to his old self. Kt sent me a most amazing card in the mail - I love getting mail, esp cards that make you feel warm and fuzzy. A customer let me borrown their copy of the Nelly Furtado cd - it's been an experience. And I get to have Chinese food for dinner.

I am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of fall and it's wonderful weather. Morgan Rienzo and I listed all the amazing things about fall today at work which I'll share with you one day when I'm feeling particulary magical (because that's how fall makes you feel) and like typing a lot.

Everyone is going back to school and I'm glad and sad at the very same time. The Shack keeps posting all these bulletins and emails about events. And people keep moving into apartments and dorms. And it's all going to be so amazing, but I feel left out. It sucks to be "grown up" sometimes.

I hope everyone is well and happy. Consider these flowers to be for you!

Gimme one chance. What’s the problem? I don’t see no ring on your hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is that matt in the picture??