Thursday, August 23, 2007

Erin's Story

So, when I was a freshman, I was pretty lost in a lot of ways. And I was also in desperate need of a church. I found it at The Shack. But, little did I know I had also found a support system and a home. Then I found myself and my faith. And I realized that God had a place in my life and not just over it. The Shack helped me cultivate all of these new things.

This is not to say that the last four years of my life have been breezy. They have not. And I've found myself in all sorts of places – literally and spiritually. But no matter how far I wandered away – whether back home for the summer or down to Five Points – The Shack kept finding me and bringing me back. Just the way God keeps picking you up and dusting you off with His grace.

The Shack has been such a blessing. They've provided me with so many amazing opportunities, friends, cups of coffee and stacks of pancakes. You won't miss it, if you never try it, but I suggest you do. It may be the best thing I ever did.

Click HERE for more Shack Stories and information on The Shack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that i can have a story like this one day.