Thursday, August 02, 2007

blame it on the weekends

This weekend is tax free weekend. The good news is that we aren't tax free. The busy news is that everyone else around us is. It should be interesting. Too bad my paper will already be shipped by then.

Also, I just watched the news for about ten minutes. Tragic. Everything is tragic. My mind was clearer and happier when I was watching The Parent Trap earlier.

Oh, we mumble loudly. Wear our shame so proudly. Wore our blank expressions trying to look interesting.

I've been slightly out of contact with people. Hopefully, I will be fixing this next week when things settle down a bit. (You know, the calm before the storm.) I did bake a blueberry crisp for my family yesterday. And I made pasta for dinner tonight. I am keeping up with them.

"If I got another cat, Erin would have to move out and I've gotten sort of attached to having her here."

Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in - great for solving problems after it creates a problem.

Things that make me happy: boxes of clementines, simply breakfast, make coffee not war shirts, kitchen confidential, hanging out with my mom, wally still being alive, graduating, worship cd at work, caramel crunch coffee, nutella and apples. Bottled water. Oh and my (and everyone else's) birthday month!

Tomorrow, Hanneke will be 22. Tell her you love her and give her nice things. On Wednesday, I'll be 22. I'll accept love and affection throughout the whole month thankyou. And Jones turns 22 on the following Sunday. He'll sleep most of the day, but will be willing to wake up for large bags of gummi bears, I'm sure.

Blame it on the Tetons. God, I need a scapegoat now.

No comments: