Sunday, August 05, 2007

but for now, let me say, without hope or agenda.

Stephanie - my french vanilla cappuccino who just got engaged - let me play with her iphone yesterday. It was beautiful. She was walking by and I yelled out to her and I said "I heard you got an iphone." And she walked over and pulled it out of her bag, laughed and said "your mom told me this would happen," and then she handed it to me. Magic.

The bad news is that I hate hate hate doing the schedule. The good news is that I survived tax free weekend and we did really well.

"i wish everyone in the world knew that frappuccino means cold and blended. tell all your friends." - Bjo

And when I read that on Bjo's blog I could commiserate. And she wrote about people yelling. And then today some lady yelled at me. Repeatedly. And I didn't even do anything to her - I was just trying to give her free coffee. I just wanted her to leave. I would have given her anything in the store to go away. Luckily, all it took was two biscotti and a medium cup of decaf coffee.

I'm reading The Coffeehouse Gospel. It's about sharing my faith in everday conversation. This should be good to learn since I have lots of conversation everyday.

I have The Police cd in my car and everytime I get in I listen to Message in a Bottle and Walking on the Moon and I remember dancing with Tori on a blanket at Bonnaroo. And then I remember dancing with Tori at her wedding. And I think my soul sings a little bit.

And when I hear the Feist cd I think of this summer. And when I think of this summer I think of Fourth of July at Alison's apartment with everybody. And I smile.

And I'm happy. And I'm very (very) busy. And I miss certain people from time to time. And it's weird when I think of us all having separate lives when we all used to be so interwined. But it all works for His purpose. And maybe I don't understand it, but just knowing makes it more bearable.

Psalm 138.
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

I ate six clementines today. And an apple with Nutella. And a bag of sour skittles. And they were all delicious.

The smell of toasted cinnamon raisin bagels makes me think of Ikea.

Also, this week I turn 22. Indian Food on Tuesday. Pad Thai and Coconut Cake on Wednesday. And Rachel is coming on Saturday after I get off work. Did I mention that I'm turning 22? I am so old. But not at all.

I think the finish line's a good place we could start. Take a deep breath, take in all that you could want.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1) happy birthday, i forgot to tell you this.
2)You are who i have to thank for shack. i'd heard about it from courtney, but knowing you, and knowing you loved it, made it worth trying. so Thank you.
3)i'm really happy there.

David said...

that bit about intertwined and now individual lives... kind of makes it difficult to really accept a church when everything it has to offer falls so short of having your family, community within shouting distance (or jumping on the floor/ceiling distance)

so, keep reminding me that I'm supposed to be here, and also be always searching for or developing community like we had.

Corinne said...

mmm, orange balls of health and sour skittles :). I ate some sour skittles today too! nice to hear your thoughts, I kind of miss SC in the summer. Well, I miss summer in SC with you guys ;). Glad to hear you have such wonderful things in your life to make the challenges more worth conquering!

Corinne said...

ooh, and I played with an iPhone too, they're quite fun. Glad you got to as well!