Wednesday, November 13, 2013




A friend of mine shared this video yesterday and it made me think a lot. I would certainly say the most difficult part of life is being REAL - being authentically, unapologetically you. Not just with others, but oftentimes with ourselves. I didn't need a video to tell me this, but I needed the video as a reminder. (It's one that is sometimes needed daily.)

It's ok to feel the way you feel when you feel it. It's ok to share that with others. If they are worth caring about, then they will listen and not judge you. It's always important to have perspective, but it's not ok to compare your issues with the issues of others. Comparison is the thief of joy.

Your journey is your journey. Your difficulties are difficult.

And if your favorite pajamas are purple with fish and you want a pancake and you want the world to know, then let the world know.

No comments: