Sunday, February 24, 2013

Today has been lovely so far.

This morning we went to Black Magic for Break Fast Breakfast! I had egg whites with tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and feta. AND a pumpkin chai made with almond milk. It was so delicious. Of course, it was followed by a walk down the pier to talk to strangers and watch the waves.

After, there was garden supply shopping. Cilantro. Lavender. A mini orchid. And so many seeds! I am going to make my thumbs green if it's the last thing I do!

Then I went grocery shopping! It's been awhile and I spent a lot of money! I bought practically everything in the produce section. And treats for the cat (Snickers) who lives outside - I got her to eat one straight out of my hand! When I finally got done putting away all of my purchases, I made a DELICIOUS smoothie - strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, cranberry juice, spinach and vanilla yogurt. And while I was sippin on that, I whipped up a batch of Whiskey Walnut Blondies for the brother.

And this where you find me now. In between dirty dishes and episodes of Gilmore Girls. Before yoga class and before my work meeting this evening.

I'm not sad my juice cleanse is over, but I'm glad I did it. I feel lighter and like it was a good restart. My body is still trying to figure out everything I put into it today, so I'm being careful, but I'm ready to start cooking! (Who thought three days would feel this long??) I'm going to make all sorts of nonsense this week - sweet potatoes, burrito bowls, avocado & corn salad, brussels sprouts, and there is going to be RAINBOW carrots with hummus. Ooooh - maybe this Farmer's Market Skillet! I'm so thrilled about food!

Well, that's all I have for now. I'm going to make my way back to the kitchen to clean up! And then outside to sweep my porch. Such a domestic goddess today... What are you all up to this weekend??

This is Day 4 of 100 Days of Blogging.

xo.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

Sounds like you are on a great start. Keep the great attitude. It is more important than the cleanse. There is nothing quite as invigorating as communing with nature. You are perfect.