Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The rain finally let up today and I could see the sun come shining through the clouds.

Isn't that how life can be?

I wouldn't call today the best day. There was a lot of rain. There were also a lot of hiccups at work. Nothing too overwhelming, but I got to come home to a lovely dinner and my first foray into ice cream making on my own. Enter Coconut Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. Unfortunately, it's still freezing. Yogurt is a breakfast food, right? I'll put raspberries on top. Those are healthy for sure.

Today, I also learned what HBO stands for - Home Box Office. Who knew? Everyone, but me. That's ok. I've been keeping up with it's show GIRLS. Lena Dunham is quite the talented lady - writer, director, actress. She's also the cover of Rolling Stone. (Finally! I've been getting a free subscription for a year and this is the only issue I've been interested in reading.) And, speaking of HBO, I watched my first episode of Game of Thrones tonight. I can tell it's going to be something I continue to watch despite the foul ending of this particular episode. 


You know what I love? Fresh flowers. I was just thinking about them earlier. I'm happy I have my little orchid in the window. 

You know what else I love? The kitten that lives on our carport. Her name is Snickers and she's so adorable that I often want to scoop her up and bring her inside to cuddle with me. That's sort of like saying I often want to stop breathing from a sudden allergy attack. Such is life.

Sometimes I wonder if we're looking at life wrong. (Certainly we are as a majority.) So much focus on work and money, but are these things that truly make us happy? Are we happy because money brings us a certain level of comfort? I wonder if we could get away with less of the work and the money and still have the same amount of happiness. That idea could lead to quite the paradigm shift.

That's a good word. Paradigm. You know what is another good word? Synergy. I think the first time I read these words was in the book 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. (I was a very motivated, self helped youngster.)

Funny how I ended up here - in this blog post (in the smallest sense of the thought).

I think that means I've come full circle for now.

This is Day 6 of 100 Days of Blogging.

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

Nice. Nothing more inspiring than a self-help teen. I love your ideas and thoughts. The little things in life, cats, ice cream, raspberries, and rain give one not only thrills but contentment.