Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So a few people have texted/emailed me to ask about my previous post. What's the secret? What makes me so good with life? I can say it's not any one thing or person. It's everything combined.

It's the beautiful weather. It's work. It's when work is hard and I learn something from it. It's when work is smooth and I feel accomplished by it. It's the people I work with and how much they support me. It's the people I work with and how much I am able to support them. It's my friends - new and old. It's getting to know people for real. It's trying new things, new foods, new adventures. It's saying yes even if I want to say no. It's saying no when I really want to say no. It's my health. It's the roof over my head. It's Charleston and the water that surrounds it. It's the music I hear. It's the words I read. It's taking the negative and turning it into a positive. It's phone calls with friends who live far away. It's half priced bottles of wine. It's dancing the night away. It's trying to surf. It's baking and baking some more. It's lunch with friends. It's dinner with friends. It's supporting people who need supporting. It's vanilla chai tea. It's instagram. It's yappy little Roxy pants. It's the sound of the fountain as I fall asleep. It's a free massage. It's a juice cleanse high. It's going running. It's my family. It's cotton candy colored sunsets.

It's a lot of things. I have so many things to be thankful for - so many things to be happy about. And I am trying to be positive and work hard and just do it - whatever it is. That's all. Sometimes I forget to stop and be grateful, but today that's what I'm doing. That's my secret!

No comments: